Install debian on laptop?

John Heim jheim at wisc.edu
Thu Dec 16 16:12:48 UTC 2004

I want to install debian on my laptop but it looks as if the floppy install
doesn't have any way to get support for pcmcia. I've only been a debian
user for a couple of years but other distros used to supply a boot floppy
image with pcmcia enabled for laptop installations.

Part of my job is installing linux, debian and Red Hat. But I always
install via a boot floppy configured to run a serial console. Is there
another way?

Else, I don't suppose anybody has installed debian on a laptop recently.
How did you do it? Is there someway to enable pcmcia support?