yasr and a DEC express

Kenny Hitt kenny at hittsjunk.net
Fri Dec 17 16:11:58 UTC 2004

Hi.  I don't have any fixes or patches yet, but a friend whos a ECTalk
expert told me the best way is to use indexing.
According to the docs I found, the synth will send bak a ^a after it
receives the ^c.  My friend said that will only happen the first
time you send the ^c after the synth is powered up.  If the synth has
data in it's buffer, it might take time before it responds to the ^c.
Also, the docs mention the synth might be stuck in the middle of a
command when it respons to the ^c.  This will leave the synth in an
unknown state.
I don't understand yasr source code yet, but it doesn't look like it
will be easy to use indexing.
Is it ok if I ask you a bunch of newby questions about yasr source off
list?  Some of the variable names make it hard to follow what is
happening.

Thanks in advance.
          Kenny