eflite 0.3.8 released (fwd)

Hans Zoebelein hzo at gmx.de
Mon Feb 23 00:48:57 UTC 2004

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 13:51:41 -0500 (EST)
From: Mike Gorse <mgorse at mgorse.dhs.org>
To: emacspeak at cs.vassar.edu
Subject: eflite 0.3.8 released

I have made a new release of eflite which fixes the issue with speech
stopping under glibc 2.3.2.  Go to http://eflite.sf.net to get it.

-- Michael Gorse / AIM:linvortex / http://mgorse.home.dhs.org --
A better world is possible! http://www.kucinich.us

>From the eflite web site:
EFlite is a speech server for Emacspeak and other screen readers that
allows them to interface with Festival Lite, a free text-to-speech engine
developed at the [4]CMU Speech Center as an off-shoot of Festival. EFlite is
still in beta, but I have been using it successfully with Yasr to
get speech on my notebook under Linux without having to lug my Speak-out around.
It uses Festival Lite's code to interface with the sound driver and, therefore,
should work with some versions of ALSA, but I have only tested it
with the OSS sound drivers so far.