How to open a TCP/IP port?

Mike Gorse mgorse at mgorse.dhs.org
Thu May 20 03:47:07 UTC 2004

Hi David,

Look for the bind-address in my.cnf (in /etc/mysql under gentoo).  You'll
probably see a line line
bind-address=127.0.0.1

If you remove or comment this line, then mysql will listen on all
interfaces, or you could change it to another interface.  It doesn't seem
to be possible to specify multiple bind addresses, so if you want to have
it bind to more than one interface but not all interfaces, then you may
need to use iptables to have the kernel set up some rules.

-- Michael Gorse / AIM:linvortex / http://mgorse.home.dhs.org --
A better world is possible! http://www.kucinich.us