Iptables and Logins at boot-up

John J. Boyer director at chpi.org
Sun Oct 10 21:41:06 UTC 2004

Janina,

Sorry too, but that didn't work. Looking at the /etc/hosts.allow file I
see that I did carry out the instructions you gave earlier. However, the
only way I can get into this machine with ssh is to stop iptables.
Fortunately, my LAN is behind a firewall. I'll have to see how good it is.

I'm thinking seriously of downloading the CF2 disks from Speakup, but I'm
a bit concerned about the download tioe. Is there anything like Debian's
jigdo? Will I have to make floppies to use brltty during the installation?

Thanks,
John