hard and soft questions - migrating to Linux Was:Re: (no subject)

Aldo blinuxman at tuxfamily.org
Fri Apr 29 17:40:44 UTC 2005

It's a minimal effort to provide a subject to your messages, that will
be very great:

On Fri, Apr 29, 2005 at 10:05:27AM +0200, Gustafsson Kristoffer (elev) wrote:
> 1. is it possible to use a radio/tv card with linux?
Yes;

> if so what card and programs do you recomend me to use?
apt-cache search tv  on a debian system will show all applications
related or containing the characters "tv"; if you do now a
apt-cache show applicationname |more
you can read about what it is, what it does.

> 2. I have heard about free world dialup and that is compatible with
>asterisk and linux.
> Now I wonder if there is any service for linux so that people can
>call my computer from their normal phone.
> I mean like skype in.
The answer is probably in the manual of asterisk, who seem to exist on
my Debian platform.

> 3. Has anyone sucseeded in running computer games like for example
>shades of doom?
Sorry, I'm visually impaired and run only consolegames such as my
favourite gnuchess.

Aldo.