Most suitable linux distro for a blind linux newbie?

J. Greer jlgreer1 at excite.com
Sun Aug 7 18:16:27 UTC 2005

Hi Larissa,

I am using a Debian Sarge variant called Libranet 3.0. It has Gnome and Gnopernicus installed as an option. The TTS works well with emacspeak and YASR, though I am still having trouble getting the magnification. to work. That is not a particular problem since the size of everything can be increased with screen resolution.

I also use Oralux 0.6 A with success. On some machines I have to use the knoppix alsa option at startup.

My current machine is has a Via motherboard with built in sound capability.

Sincerely, Jeff

http://frugalvi.com
Registered Linux User # 391940