running linux on laptops

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Tue Aug 16 13:11:26 UTC 2005

Hi, Mike:

Yes, there quite a few mini-pci wireless cards used in Thinkpads. I
don't know anymore about your particular Thinkpad, but I would suggest
Googling with the data you have and, even more particularly, looking for
your model via the LInux Laptops web page. I've found those pages
invaluable when choosing and then configuring a Thinkpad for myself.

Alternatively, it's probably also quite straight forward to just replace
that particular device with one known to be well supported. They're not
that hard to replace, after all.