brlspeak on Windows XP Sro and NTFS

Aldo blinuxman at tuxfamily.org
Thu Jan 13 17:07:53 UTC 2005

Hi:

On Wed, Jan 12, 2005 at 11:15:10AM -0600, John J. Boyer wrote:
> Lee,
>
> I'm afraid you and Cheryl are right. I downloaded the CD they now offer,
> and it does seem that it would run only in a dos box under older
> versions of Winnows.

I'm afraid you need to boot under DOS modus, not uner a DOS box (you
may try it and feedback ... )

> Too bad, because I was hoping I could use brltty
> with it on my XP Pro system. I still have to see if i can get brltty to
> work under Cygwin.

The authors/maintainers of this loopback Debian version, my friends Remi
Dewitte and Sebastien François, did their best to realize the current release,
but its limitations and the problems encountered pushed them to decide
to "froze" the project. So once again, if some developers think the idea
/ concept of BrlSpeak is okay but there must be done something to update
it, (to give it a lifting), to fit it with a new kernel, to provide usb,
ntfs and other support ... THEY ARE WELCOME! Feel free to contact me by
using the online form at the brlspeak site, since my ML adress is
fake/antispam.

Osvaldo La Rosa aka Aldo - http://brlspeak.net/