FC4 installation hangs

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Mon Jun 27 13:03:04 UTC 2005

Usually, installation via network protocol is local, not remote. In
other words, one would use a local server for nfs, ftp, or http
installation. Fedora is very different from Debian, especially during
installation.

Consult the Speakup Modified Installation HOWTO:

http://www.linux-speakup.org/ftp/disks/fedora/HOWTO_INSTALL.html

It will help you even though you're not using the Speakup Modified, and
even though the HOWTO has not yet been updated for FC4. There are not
any significant differences.

If you've burned the four iso images to cd rom, as your message
suggests, install from those.