VoIP with Linux?

Christian Schoepplein chris at schoeppi.net
Mon Mar 14 20:59:32 UTC 2005

Hello!

On Mo, Mär 14, 2005 at 12:32:55 -0800, Chris Gray wrote:
>There's quite a few blind people using Asterisk.

Yes, asterisk seems to be full accessible.

>I'd suggest you hang
>in there with it and get hooked up with other users of the program.  You
>are right though, it's complicated.

Yes, thats right. I decided, to use asterisk, it seems that this is
exactly what I need. I tryed linphone before, but without success
because the programm had problems with my firewall setup. The
configuration of asterisk is really a big torture, I'm searching arround
the internet and through the docu since friday :-(. Now I subscribed to
the asterisk-users mailinglist, but if anybody here can give my some
hints how to get asterisk to work just for ip telephony (getting calls
from the internet to my pc behind a nat firewall and vice versa), I
would be verry happy!

--
Gruss / Regards,
Christian Schoepplein <chris at schoeppi.net>