Fw: new to linux.....

vasile radu vradu at constanta.astral.ro
Wed Mar 30 18:33:51 UTC 2005

then, what ar you (all) using and how get you your distro speaking?
I've got a fedora core 3 and I have seen that this distro has the packages
necessary on it
But mandrake (less in 10.1 version) give this packages in a distribution
named power pack wich cost less 60 $
So in the free distribution of 3 cds they don't put this packages.
I mean:
at-spi
gnome-speech
atk
and lib packages afferent
So the work get harder on drake to get it speak.
I have it installed for a mounth and I can not get it speak to me!!!
It's verry desapointing and even if i want to get on linux, I am forced to
use windows for the moment until I'll understand and get a procedure to get
it speak even if I will format my partitions!!!
So the problem is:
What are you using and how get you it speak!!!

a happy new year
/////////
Radu Vasile
Techinc Consultant in computers
"better light a candle than curse the darkness"
"follow the white rabbit"
e-mail:
vradu at constanta.astral.ro
matematicianu at home.ro