Fw: new to linux.....

Kenny Hitt kenny at hittsjunk.net
Wed Mar 30 19:28:35 UTC 2005

Hi.

I use Debian as my Linux distro and (mostly) speakup as my screen
reader.  Speakup gives me access to the text console.

>From the libs you mention, it sounds like you are trying to access a
Linux system using only Gnome.  At this time, I don't think you will
have much success using Linux with only Gnome accessibility.  For now,
the best access to Linux is using a screen reader like speakup, brltty,
or yasr to give you access to the text console.

Hope this helps.
          Kenny