OT: Is there a list for blind Mac users and programmers?

Bailey, Bruce Bruce.Bailey at ed.gov
Thu Mar 31 22:29:56 UTC 2005

I have made the case that developers will automatically gravitate to their familiar channels, most likely at one of the Apple sponsored lists.  Do you find fault with my reasoning?  If not, volunteering to host a site is not logical.  On the other hand, history is full of examples of unreasonable things being accomplished by irrational people.  If you have the time, energy, and resources to spare, well, best of luck to you!

The natural web space for VO end-users is harder to predict.  It may not be as glamorous, but I still think you would be helping the most people by becoming active on one of the sub-forums at CTG or the Apple consumer end-user discussion lists.  Learning a new site is certainly less work than administering a new one.  An established site will automatically get you initial traffic.  Your advertising will generate the same traffic largely regardless of where you are doing the work.  Likewise, your long term success will be dependent on the value you add as a frequent contributor, not the back-end bulletin board software!