Use Cygwin (was: Re: Braille output for Tiger)

Lee_Maschmeyer at wayne.edu Lee_Maschmeyer at wayne.edu
Mon May 2 08:38:15 UTC 2005

A good way to get your feet wet with Linux is to install Cygwin
(www.cygwin.com). It's a free Red Hat product that gives you a fair
subsection of Linux under Windows. I use it at home since Linux can't
see my disk (a Stripe0/RAID). Using it I've got a lot of Linux
available as well as things on Windows that Linux doesn't have such as
OCR. There are a few bumps but it ain't bad.

--

Lee Maschmeyer
<lee_Maschmeyer at wayne.edu>

"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear
to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than
what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."
     --Lewis Carroll