update needed on software synthesizers for linux

krishnakant Mane krmane at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 12:01:54 UTC 2006

hi,  I am putting my questions against your answers.  look for *q*
where I am putting my comments.

On 10/02/06, Willem van der Walt <wvdwalt at csir.co.za> wrote:
> Hi,
> You can actually use IBM viavoice.
> I am using an old unsupported version, but these days you can buy it
> again.
*q* please give more details on IBM viavoice,  what do u mean by older
versions.  if I want to use that so called older version, can I use it
with kernel 2.6.  Please specify.
> Also go to www.llsti.org where there are some other free software
> including Hindi.
> HTH
> Willem
*q* I wont mind if I don't have any thing on hindi right now, but my
main issue is quality of speach.  I want to know if I can create my
own voices, do you have any info about festvox, I mean can I have
better voices created or is it that I get the same tone with added
voices.