update needed on software synthesizers for linux

T. Joseph CARTER knghtbrd at bluecherry.net
Sat Feb 11 10:04:29 UTC 2006

Hey, thanks for the link to wizzard, Willem.  I was wondering about bulk
ViaVoice licenses for use in commercial products.  $5 per unit quite
reasonable in quantity.  Unfortunately, I don't think they have prebuilt
runtimes for Intel's XScale platform.

If the old unsupported stuff is still floating around and is an ELF
shared object library it should be usable today without much problem.
Static libraries would be a bit of a problem though.  I'm pretty sure,
however, that the old unsupported stuff is probably not legal to
distribute.  Do so with caution and at your own risk.

--
"We are what we repeatedly do.  Excellence, therefore, is not an act,
but a habit."