Speakup website

Kirk Reiser kirk at braille.uwo.ca
Tue Jan 24 13:24:51 UTC 2006

"T. Joseph CARTER" <knghtbrd at bluecherry.net> writes:

> I notice that the server that is hosting the Speakup website (and
> presumably other services) is very, very slow.  That is, it feels like
> it's being hosted on a 56k modem.  *shudder*

It is an extremely busy site so the average load is heavy.  There are
mirrors that are faster though, one of them being fl.linux-speakup.org.

> I'm afraid I need to do some wheel reinvention here.  *frown*  These are
> coding details, though, and those don't seem to be of much interest here.
> I really hate to go off and do my own thing here, though, because it seems
> that so far is what everybody else has done.  You have the speakup stuff,
> emacspeak stuff, gnopernicus stuff, and then you have other stuff that
> tries to emulate various bits.  No docs exist besides what's in the code,
> and most of that is a real mess.  But that's a totally seperate message
> and thread, I guess.  *grin*

Well, I don't know what it is you are trying to do that is different
from what else has come along but you can find all the documentation
on synthesizers I've been able to accumulate at
ftp://linux-speakup.org/pub/linux/goodies/synths-documentation/.  If
anyone comes accross synth docs I don't have there I'd appreciate them
sending it to me so I can make it available.

  Kirk

phone: (519) 661-3061