Installing Windows XP under Qemu

Christian christian08 at runbox.com
Thu Jul 20 14:40:51 UTC 2006

Hello all,
Yesterday I tried installing Windows XP under Qemu wiht the -nographic option and with an unatended diskette. I also used the kqemu accelerator. How long should it take to install Windows XP under Qemu? Is it better to use Vmware for this purpose?
When I thought the installation was completed I restarted qemu but no sound even though if I had set it to use an sb16. I also tried setting it to all but no result. I know this is a Linux list, but I want to play my games without having to restart my machine!
Any help is apreciated!
Many thanks,
Christian