Thank You Janina, However,

Hart Larry chime at hubert-humphrey.com
Sun Nov 12 03:33:01 UTC 2006

First, Janina, thanks so much for creating that package, that was quite kind of
you.  Before installing  I made sure I nuked all the other ecasound
tars-and-rpms.  When I installed, this is what happened:
  sudo rpm -i ecasound-2.4.4-1.i386.rpm
error: Failed dependencies:
         libjack.so.0 is needed by ecasound-2.4.4-1.i386
         libsamplerate.so.0 is needed by ecasound-2.4.4-1.i386
         libsamplerate.so.0(libsamplerate.so.0.0) is needed by
ecasound-2.4.4-1.i386
         libsndfile.so.1 is needed by ecasound-2.4.4-1.i386
         libsndfile.so.1(libsndfile.so.1.0) is needed by ecasound-2.4.4-1.i386
Also, thank, I did grab Chuck's wedit newer version.  Earlier I had run his
aliases to convert files, but the fidelity dropped considerably.  Then when I
tried manually converting files with lame, I just got whitenoise.
Janina, a note about your ftp.  Now, I don't know if its just entries in a L Y
N X mime types, but when I hit enter, instead of saying, "application"  it
displays as text.  Well, yes, I know when that happens, to land on the exact
link number-and-type a d.  I have certainly grabbed .rpms from sites where it
says, "application rpm manager d ownload or c ancel.
Thanks again
Hart