games

Mike Gorse mgorse at mgorse.dhs.org
Tue Aug 21 11:53:22 UTC 2007

On Tue, 21 Aug 2007, Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis wrote:

> That's incorrect. For example, Nethack has a mode for screen reader users:

Interesting.  It's nice to see that sort of info in the manual.

I sometimes play angband and vms-empire; both of these are
quasi-text-based games similar to nethack in terms of their user
interface.

> I brief hunt around with Google found me:
>
> http://www.klangogames.com/en/pmg/

It wasn't clear to me, from looking at the site, that it will run natively
on Linux.  If it doesn't, then it might work using wine.  No one has tried
to play accessible games using wine that I know of, though.  It would be
interesting to see the result if someone tries it, but I would only
suggest it after becoming familiar with Linux and its filesystem and
editing configuration files.

linuxcommand.org would be a good site to look at; it gives a good
introduction to the command line and the filesystem.

-Mike