Getting started

Mike Reiser metalhead1009000 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 26 15:13:54 UTC 2007

James Malone wrote:
> High I am James Malone, I amnew to this list and I would like to ask
> afew questions regarding linux and speak up and just some other things
> in general.
> 1. what distro of Linux should I use?
> 2. Is there an easy way to install speak up?
> 3. Does brltty support the Pac Mate 20 braille display?
> 4. Is it easy to install and use brltty?
> 5. How do do I get speakup to speak?
> 6. What is the best sinth to use?
> 7. What's the audio quolity like in Linux?
> 8. Should I use a G U I?
> 9. What's the best screenreader that I should use?
> 10. How to I get the screen readers to start automaticly?
> What ever help any one can give me will be greatly appreciated
> Cheres, James
> msn, southpark_really_rox at hotmail.com
> <mailto:southpark_really_rox at hotmail.com> skype, james_malone1234 feel
> free to add me!
 From what I've read and seen, I would recommend ubuntu.  It is by far
the easiest distro to install.  The screen reader you'd use with it is
called orca and it's built into the distrobution.  Currently there
isn't anyway t lay two sounds at the same time without some hacking but
this should get better in the next few months.  BRLtTY does suport the
pacmate as far as I know.

mike