NetGear WG614 & text-mode browsers

Aldo blinuxman at tuxfamily.org
Sun Feb 25 09:33:24 UTC 2007

Hi,

On Sat, Feb 24, 2007 at 11:36:30AM -0600, C.M. Brannon wrote:
> What I'd like to find is some extensive documentation of the internals of
> the WG614.  Then, I could write some scripts which would let me configure
> it from the command-line.  But I doubt I'll find that sort of documentation.

The problem is more general IMHO: there are not enough routers who
accept the usage of browsers like elinks or links2 or w3m:
still will have problems with 401 Authentication failed or at the end
(w3m) of a config, when you must Save  Ignore  Cancel

A good goal should be to start a project:
a) as you said to find how to do routers conf with scripts, but
therefore you ened manufacturer's infos,
b) or we need a site (like linuxprinting.org) around accessible routers
(it seems the Linksys WRT54GL with the "L" of Linux, whould be
accessible for blind)
c) or, we need some manufacturer to build blindfriendly routers,
Cisco-based or so

Aldo.