Ubuntu demo.

John Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Mon Jun 11 20:29:15 UTC 2007

How much RAM does your machine have? I had similar problems with a machine
of similar age until I added RAM. I believe that 256 Mb of RAM is
borderline. If you have 256 + 128 (whatever that adds up to) you should be
okay. I bumped mine up to 512 and that definately is enough.

But even if you have enough RAM, you may end up finding that your CPU is too
slow. I have a 1 Ghz machine and I found orca to be painfully slow. It runs
okay on a 1.8 Ghz machine.  But that would be about the minimum I would
recommend.