email clients

Daniel Dalton daniel.dalton47 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 07:14:50 UTC 2007

On 23/11/2007 6:09 PM, Jan and Bertil Smark Nilsson wrote:
> Good afternoon,

Hello,

> On Fri, 23 Nov 2007, Daniel Dalton wrote:
>

>> Where do I enter my pop server stuff and user name and password. I
>> only found the smtp stuff. How do I navigate the setup questions?
>> Thanks for your help.
>
> Use Fetchmail to get the mail from your pop server to your computer. The
> easiest way to use fetchmail is to write a configuration file called
> .fetchmailrc which you put in your home directory. Type man fetchmailrc
> to learn how to write it.

I will. Thanks for all the help. I will have to get back to you maybe
some time early next week since I have two tests coming up and I need to
study. And I have a lot of homework! :-( Also I am going to be out of
town for a night.

Anyway I'll have to get that done. But once thats out of the way I'll
look at this.

Once again thanks for all this information.

> With regard to the Alpine configuration, you move with your up and down
> arrows and read the instructions at the bottom of the screen. If you,
> for example, are required to type in something like the name of your
> smtp server, your hit "c" for change which will put your cursor in the
> input field. Finish off with <enter>.

Do I just type in smtp.gmail.com?

Do I use sendmail? where do I tell alpine to use fetchmail? And re the
instructions at the bottom of the screen. Are they right at the bottom?
Like under everything else so I just hold numb 9 to get there? (I'm
using speakup)

Thanks for the help.