Problems with BRLTTY on latest Debian

Matthys Terblanche matthys at absamail.co.za
Sun Nov 25 18:50:40 UTC 2007

I just did more or less the same thing, but on Ubuntu 7.04
I cant remember all the details, but if you Google for brltty 3.9 Ubuntu
you'll hopefully find the page explaining about installing the python-Pyrex
and python-dev  before compiling brltty.  I'm very new to Linux, but as I
understand it, BRLTTY must be compiled with the python links included for
orca to work with it.
I got brltty running, but my problem is a bit different, when on the gui
screen, I get only the message that the screen is not in text mode, so
obviously I did not do everything correct myself, but on the terminal
window, brltty works okay.
hopefully it help you a bit.
Cheers,
Matthys