installing ubuntu with orca

Matthys Terblanche matthys at absamail.co.za
Wed Nov 28 15:23:30 UTC 2007

Hi,
You must understand that the live cd is very slow, so after typing the
ubiquity command to start the installer, leave the computer alone for a
couple of minutes, it should come up talking.
Another thing, did you see the ampersand at the end of the command to start
orca?  My limited knowledge of Linux suggests that it must be there to start
orca as a background process, otherwise you might have problems.
HTH
Matthys