LSR-and-Speech?

Hart Larry chime at hubert-humphrey.com
Fri Nov 30 04:37:42 UTC 2007

Hi All:  I am thinking of nuking windows off my laptop--and considering what
screen-readers-and-speech will be most enjoyable?
First of all, with the small size of lsr, is it a live CD similar to Oralux?
Next, if I ran LSR would I also want a separate console screen-reader such as
speakup or YASR?
In reading the lsr homepage-and-FAQ, I didn't think it was clear which speech
engines already come out-of-the-box?  It mentions support for several, which I
will paste, however, I will put a number sign in front of ones I have already
heard:
Supported speech engines include #Festival, #Eloquence, Loquendo, Cepstral
Swift,
#Cepstral Theta, #Espeak, and FreeTTS.
Now, they talk about testing both IBM TTSynth  and Eliquence, I thought they
are basicly the same voices?
Now, in the 13-and-a-half-years I've had a PC, so far my favorite speech has
been Dec-Talk 4.2C and Eliquence.  Would I like any of these other speech
engines?  There was a US/Russian speech which came with Oralux which I didn't
mind.
And lastly, would TT Synth work with YASR?
Thanks so much in advance for answering these questions-and-sharing your
individual viewpoints
Hart