fedora 7 and some problems, ttsynth and brltty

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Mon Sep 24 16:01:28 UTC 2007

Kristoffer Gustafsson writes:
> Hello!
> Ok, now I've installed fedora 7 with sucsess, the real one fedora from an original, not the sspeakup modified.

Please note that we consider the Speakup Modified Fedora every much as
"real" as that released by Red Hat, or that released by Planet CCRMA,
etc.

> I've got 2 problems.
>
> 1. ttsynth.
> It is sayng that libstdc++-libc2.6.2.so is needed by ttsynthcore.
> what package am I missing?

You're not reading the directions available to you via the TTSynth Home
Page. Please consult the README.TTSynth document available at
http://TTSynth.Com.

> 2. brltty
> I can't compile brltty, I've installed the latest from yum. but when I shall compile brltty from source it complains that there is no linuxcompiler.h file
> what is this?

You'll need to satisfy the missing dependencies by hand before you can
install. Observe your error messages and install the missing packages
via yum or rpm.

Janina