Linux without sighted help

Rynhardt P Kruger rkruger at gawab.com
Fri Feb 1 14:58:06 UTC 2008

Hi,

A good screenreader for handling these unix like command line programs like ssh or telnet is the open source NVDA. It
connects directly to the running console and gives you the fealing of a command line screen reader. It even reads blank
lines, something jaws doesn't do. It also has a keypad reading layout like speakup and orca.

Take care,

Rynhardt

* Tony Baechler <tony at baechler.net> [080201 15:30]:

I use grml linux (http://grml.org/)