What is a talking X

Daniel Dalton d.dalton at iinet.net.au
Fri Feb 29 04:35:38 UTC 2008

On Thu, 28 Feb 2008, josh wrote:

> but gnome will only run on newer computers, right? gnome and orca? if you

No, it should run under something with at least 256 mb ram and well it
doesn't need a lot of disk space either.
Mine is running on an 800 mhz processor p3 256 mb ram and 8 gb hard disk.

I believe you already asked this question before?

> want to use linux on an older computer you have to use the cli because XFCE
> desktop is not accessible yet.

Well its not. But what do you mean by older computer? my computer is 10
years old nearly or maybe 7 or 8 not entirely sure and it runs gnome fine.
Its not the best, but it works ok.

--
Daniel Dalton

http://members.iinet.net.au/~ddalton/