ot: lynx friendly survey sites?

Tom Masterson kd7cyu at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 11 18:53:48 UTC 2008

Many survey sites/systems will use javascript because it is easier and
faster to do input verification that way.  You can do it without sending
info back to the server and don't need to track everything and serve up a
new/modified page if there are errors or missed info that is required.
You can also avoid having to make your customer refill in everything with
some quick checks.  That is why a form that you would think is just html
form fileds would use javascript.  In fact almost all forms are just html
form fields modified by javascript for verification.

I have done the same thing and then put something on the back end that
also verified the input for those with out javascript but my server side
check does not always refill in the fields so if you don't have javascript
you start over with a blank form (and something that tells you what you
missed the first time).  I know sloppy but when you have to write it in a
hurry...

Tom