Talk on Debian accessibility by Samuel Thibault

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Sat Mar 29 14:10:46 UTC 2008

Samuel Thibault wrote:
>> While the video files have been available since 29 February 2008
>> according to the directory listing, they are very big and not easy to
>> play.  I got CRC errors with the mpeg file in MPlayer and Winamp on
>> Windows would not play the MPEG file at all.
>>

> Note that there are .ogg versions too.

Hi,

Yes, but the .ogg files are even larger than the MPEG files and also
would not easily play on Windows when last I checked.  I first looked at
the .ogg files because I thought they would be smaller.  I was surprised
at the large size.  Perhaps I was looking in the wrong directory?  Also,
they are apparently not standard Vorbis files even though they have the
.ogg extension.  They also contain both audio and video streams.  I
don't know of a way to separate the audio stream into its own file but I
haven't looked at the vorbis-tools package yet.