Looking for an accessible ide.

Daniel Dalton d.dalton at iinet.net.au
Fri Nov 28 04:34:47 UTC 2008

On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 03:11:42AM -0800, Tony Baechler wrote:
> I'm not a programmer so I can't say that I have experience with this,

Neither am I, I've just played around with some languages for fun.

> but I would suggest Emacs.  It has extensions for just about any
> programming language.  There are both command line and X versions.  It's

Indeed, and when combined with emacspeak it is wonderful. Emacspeak can
say the indentation, and if you use braille you can obviously see it on
your display. Also emacs is very powerful, it can alert you of
non-matching braces I think and it can do the indentation for you. This
is what I use for python and C. I wouldn't use a graphical app the
command line is fantastic for this kind of thing. I tend to compile
outside of emacs, but I'm pretty sure emacs could run a compiler...

Cheers,

Danny