Any Simulated Time Services?

Hart Larry chime at hubert-humphrey.com
Sat Oct 18 03:36:22 UTC 2008

Last year our phone companies disconnected their telephone time.  What I wonder
if there are any tools to simulate a time service such as Master Clock, ETC?
Connecting to a stream would be somewhat delayed from real-time, because of
buffering.
Some1 suggested I run a watch command to just read the time, but the nice thing
about those phone time services was that if you were going to set a clock you
had warning before an exact minute began.
Thanks so much in advance for an unusual request
Hart