OT: taocp braille copy?

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Tue Dec 1 07:16:36 UTC 2009

Mario Lang  <blinux-list at redhat.com> wrote:
>I am looking for an accessible (digital or braille) version
>of The art of computer programming by Don Knuth.
>
>Does anyone know where I can get it from?

I think CNIB (Canadian National Institute for the Blind) used to have a
braille copy of the original 1969 work; I remember noticing it in a Library of
Congress catalogue search that I was performing while looking for something
else. They may still have it.

Another option would be to contact the publisher and try to obtain a copy of
the original TeX source files, or you could just write to Knuth himself (via
snail mail as he apparently doesn't use e-mail anymore to avoid distractions.)

It's probably best to obtain a recent edition if you can.

I would be interested in access to this book as well.