UpgradingDebian Etch to Lenny with Speakup packages

Geoff Shang geoff at QuiteLikely.com
Wed Jul 29 08:41:43 UTC 2009

Hello,

I have a box here running Debian Etch (4.0) which I'd like to upgrade to
Lenny (5.0).  The thing is however that the system was installed using the
unofficial Speakup Netinst CD for Etch.  Speakup is now in Debian proper
and I expect the dist-upgrade not to pull this in properly as the
currently installed Speakup packages aren't official Debian packages.

Any suggestions as to how I can go about doing this?

Geoff.