updating fedora

John G. Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Mon Jun 22 01:13:27 UTC 2009

I installed fedora 9 on a machine of mine. I am a debian guy and this is my
first experience with fc. I tried to upgrade to fc 11  with a command
something like "preupdate-cli "fedora11 (codename". I cannot remembver the
code name.

Anyway, it downloaded 11 Gb of stuff and said that the upgrade would
continue after I rebooted. So I rebooted. But then I couldn't access my
system. I had no speech at the console and no ssh.  I rebooted again and the
system was definately messed up.

What did I do wrong? Possibilities:
1. Didn't wait long enough after first reboot. Updates were still being
installed.
2.   Can't update directly from fc9 to fc11.