Net book support please!

Jennifer fluffy_bunny_1988 at hotmail.co.uk
Sun Mar 15 10:03:08 UTC 2009

Hello. I have an Acer Aspire 1 net book (excuse spelling). It has 1 gig RAM,
a 120 gig solid state drive and a 1.6 gigahertz processor.

I have installed Ubuntu 9.4 Alpha 6 on it but Orca and the wireless don't
work properly. Is this because it is a new distro? Has any-one else had
similar problems?

When I say Orca does not work it cuts off the end of words, E.G when in the
Orca window it will say "help bu" instead of "help button". This process
seems to occur in all programs.

If there are currently no fixes for the problems given above is there a
recommended alternative distro of Linux that I should/could run on this net
book. Excuse my noobish questions but I am only just starting to experiment
with Linux!

Thanks in advance for any help/advice

Jen!