Program Recommendations

Matt Barnes barnes.matt at gmail.com
Wed May 20 18:01:01 UTC 2009

Hi all, long time listener, first time caller.
I'm in the process of putting together a text-only install for a friend of
mine utilizing a soft-synth for TTS and was wondering if there might be
anyone else running a similar set up? What day-to-day programs would you
recommend? I'm looking at alpine for an email client, lynx as web browser
and pico as a text editor. He loves to play muds so I'm putting in tf as a
mud client. I still need to find a media player as well, and I was thinking
of mplayer or xmms. Does anyone have any experience with any of these
programs in a CLI-only environment or could you provide some input to any
others?

Thanks in advance,
Matt

--
"I cannot teach anybody anything, I can only make them think."
-Socrates