Any mailing list related to blind people and VOIP?

Brent Harding bharding at doorpi.net
Tue Apr 13 23:48:40 UTC 2010

I never found one, but there should be. This is something I'm real
interested in as well. For $8, a company called TeamVPS offers I think a
virtual box with 128 mb of ram, 25 gigs of storage, and around 150 gb a
month of bandwidth, but what sold it was that you can install distros like
PBXInaflash, Trixbox, and Elastix. Even if you had the spare box at home,
you need sighted help to install, but these, you just reinstall from their
web panel if you tinker too much on the VPS. I thought, like everyone says,
these will get too loaded down to ever allow things to work smooth, bad
unhearable calls with Express talk in Windows. Calls routed from there to my
cell, you couldn't tell it wasn't a landline, switching to SJPhone fixed all
of it. As for providers, the only ones that offer Sip service without their
own box are Callcentric and Vitelity. I think Vitelity has less background
static, or comfort noise as some call it. I'm even surprised that fax can
work, sending is able to be done with a windows client that adds itself to
the printers list, I think receiving you need a dedicated extra number for
and it goes to email, and they OCR fine, if you find a faxback service to
send you something to test. All in all it's fun to play with Voip.