RSS Links

Tim Chase blinux.list at thechases.com
Thu Jun 10 19:15:16 UTC 2010

> Is there a command line utility that will handle RSS links?

In addition to Jos's suggestions, I maintain a list of
console-apps that include multiple RSS readers (Jos's suggestions
of SnowNews and newsbeuter are on the list with links to their
home-pages), there's also Raggle and NRSS for reading RSS feeds
from the console (I also include Google Reader if you've got an
accessible browser, but you mention using L Y N X which doesn't
cut it for using Google Reader, IMHO)

You can find my list at

http://tim.thechases.com/bvi/console.html#RSS

Additionally you might be interested in the "hpodder" pod-catcher
(linked from that same page) that allows you to download podcasts
via the command-line.

Hope this helps,

-tim