USB Sound Cards and Lenny

Terry Klarich terry at klarich.net
Fri Nov 19 22:36:27 UTC 2010

Hey martin:

Hope all is well on your end.

I am using a usb sound card with no problems.  It works quite well.  I'd suggest visiting http://www.alsa-project.org and look over
their supported hardware list.

The first card in my system is the intel card on the mother board.  The second (number 1) is not shown.  It is a tv tuner card
that has no play back.  #3 or the third card is the usb card.  I both record and listen on this card.

[root at green ~]# aplay -l
card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 0: STAC92xx Analog [STAC92xx Analog]
  Subdevices: 1/1
    Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
    card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 1: STAC92xx Digital [STAC92xx Digital]
      Subdevices: 1/1
        Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
	card 2: MP3 [Sound Blaster MP3+], device 0: USB Audio [USB Audio]
	  Subdevices: 1/1
	    Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
	    [root at green ~]#
On Sat, 13 Nov 2010 16:46:13 -0600you write: