Notetakers

Henry Yen blinux-mail at AegisInfoSys.com
Wed Sep 8 23:40:51 UTC 2010

On Wed, Sep 08, 2010 at 18:28:24PM -0400, Leslie Fairall wrote:
> The Pac Mate doesn't have a telnet or ssh client installed. I will try
> Pocket Putty and see what happens. I normally use pine on the shell. I
> don't think there's a version for Windows Mobile, but I can check. I just
> want to be able to check email that's on my shell when I'm traveling. I've
> gotten a few suggestions here. Thanks.

You say that you (already) use pine on the shell.  Which shell is that,
shellworld's shell or a shell running on your own computer?

If it's the former, then that means that shellworld has pine.  When you gain
access to shellworld via a telnet/ssh client (like pocketputty) running on your
Windows Mobile device, you can just run pine right from the command line.

If it's the latter, then your pine program on your own computer is accessing
your shellworld email via the POP3 or IMAP protocols, both of which are
no doubt implemented as free/low-cost programs that you can download to
your Windows Mobile device.

Perhaps you're unclear of the distinction between telnet/ssh as remote access
protocols, and "shell" as a command-line interpreter.