Downloading and Using I-Tunes

Geoff Shang geoff at QuiteLikely.com
Tue Mar 22 22:14:21 UTC 2011

Hi,

I've not had to deal with iPhones specifically, but we have an iPod Touch
4 here that we've had for a couple of weeks.

Regarding activation, if you mean activating Voiceover, if you have access
to a person who can see then you can activate it on the phone itself
without needing iTunes.

I don't know of a way to download apps, purchase music from the iTunes
Store or upgrade the device firmware under Linux, though I admit I've not
looked into it much either.  You can purchase apps and (probably) music
directly on the iPhone itself, but again I'm not aware of a way of
upgrading to a newer version of iOS without using iTunes.

Geoff.