Mysterious Hard Freeze?

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Mon Aug 13 06:55:13 UTC 2012

Well, I'm sure you like the heat and I'm glad for you, but your computer
does need air conditioning.  I can tell you from experience that running
your machine too hot will burn out hard drives and sound cards.  I must
emphasize taking this seriously.  I know of two machines which burned out
power supplies because of running too hot and at least one lost hard drive.
  You could very well fry your sound card with 100 degrees outside and
improper cooling.  I don't know what processor you have, but your CPU can
get very hot even with air conditioning.  We run air almost all the time
here and I still lost two machines.  Also, especially if you aren't going to
run air conditioning, make sure you thoroughly clean your fans often.  I
know both machines overheated due to the fans being dirty.  Perhaps look
into water cooling.

I'll look at the stream you sent and see if I can get anywhere with it.  I
might have better luck or someone else here might have an idea.