Drupal

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Thu Jul 12 15:56:18 UTC 2012

Jason White writes:
> Christian <blinux-list at redhat.com> wrote:
> >Has anyone on this list used Drupal?
>
> I haven't used it myself, but I know that the Drupal community has been
> working to improve accessibility, especially for Drupal 7.

Yes, they have committed to accessibility by default in their core
products beginning with Drupal7. More info at:

http://drupal.org/about/accessibility
http://drupal.org/node/394094

Now, please recognize Drupal does not control what individual
contributors might do with the modules they contribute. This is why
Drupal's accessibility statement talks about "Drupal core."

In my experience the implementation appears to have been focussed at end
users so far, more than the authoring end of things, i.e. the site
building and management interfaces are, in my judgement, in need of a
bit more TLC for a11y.

Still, I think Drupal is a good choice, if one intends to get good at
accessible web site creation. It is, however, a powerful, multi-faceted
tool that will take time to learn, imo.

Janina