grub update on arch

Kyle kyle4jesus at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 14:30:37 UTC 2012

After reading discussions about this on the arch-general e-mail list and the news item on archlinux.org, the generally accepted opinion is if it ain't broke, don't fix it. However, there are definitely reasons to make the switch to GRUB2, not the least of which is the fact that earlier versions are no longer supported either upstream or in Arch core. I  myself do plan to make the switch just as soon as I rebuild my computer, may it rest in peace.

As for your dual-boot question, it seems the documentation deals more with dual-booting Vista or 7 rather than XP. If I remember correctly, the XP boot loader was called something like ntldr.ini, so hopefully this file will help. Otherwize, the only other thing I could suggest is googling for docs that specifically address dual-booting XP, as this will probably unfortunately help more than I am able to do at the moment.
~Kyle
--
Kyle is a droid.
The whole world knows it