Itunes in Linux Console?

Hart Larry chime at hubert-humphrey.com
Sun Jun 17 18:47:25 UTC 2012

Well, I guess in general an emulator for windows seems an only way to enjoy or
access Itunes from linux?  I actually want to access Itunes to download
podcasts.  I surely don't need my music collection organized, as I moved all my
mp3s in catagories or decades.  Problem  is more-and-more podcasts seem to be
exclusive on Itunes.
2 examples.  You see, I love downloading News programming.  CNN has a
reasonably nice podcast site,
www.cnn.com/podcasting
However, some offerings such as Reliable Sources are now going to Itunes.
Another item I cannot find any more, which in the past I could at least rip a
stream, was "Inside Washington"
www.insidewashington.tv
Their site is a mess, especially in Lynx, you see quite little, so in other
browsers I notice more, but no way to watch or download an epesode.
But for many years this show is available in Itunes.  Many Itunes items are
free--and-even as a small fee, why should Itunes care if we are in Linux, or
useing a text browser?  Even Amazon is a bit more friendly, where you can buy
items from their store.
Looks like there are places with mp4s of Inside-washington during 2010.  This
show, while seemingly orriginating at WJLA-TV is sindicated on PBS stations.
Running apt-get searches in Debian, I find some libraries and gtk realted
Itunes mentions, but certainly nothing helpful.  I also don't know if somehow
altering a user agent string in Lynx would fool their site in to letting me in?
I mean, I cannot even browse an index.
If any of you have suggestions, please, I look forward in trying them.
I don't even think I can find any exact urls of Itunes podcasts to paste in an
rss reader, ETC.  Thanks so much in advance
Hart