alpine improvement

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Sat Mar 31 22:29:21 UTC 2012

One improvement I'd like to find in a future version of alpine is an
option under configuration thatwould take any message body starting with
<HTML> and run that through the user's selected browser and have the
browser do a dump on it and have alpine collect the text from the dump and
show that to the user in the body of that message when it was opened for
viewing.  If the <HTML> messages look like trash once this gets done, so
much the better.  Maybe web heads will eventually get a message.  The best
thing I do with web formatted email is send it through spamassassin and
let spamassassin have fun with it as spam.